Did you know...
- 95% OF AMERICAN ADULTS OWN A CELL PHONE
- 80% OF US HAVE OUR PHONES WITH US FOR 22 HOURS A DAY
- ALMOST 50% OF TEENS ADMIT TO TEXTING WHILE DRIVING
- 95% OF PEOPLE ARE ON TECHNOLOGY AN HOUR BEFORE BED
- 90% OF 18-29 YEAR OLDS SLEEP WITH THEIR SMARTPHONES CLOSE BY
MOST PEOPLE CHECK THEIR PHONES EVERY 10 MINUTES (150 TIMES A DAY).
What it's doing to our Mental Health, our Relationships & our Productivity-
New mental health issues counselors, educators, and psychiatrists are treating : Continuous partial attention, acquired ADD, internet game addiction...
Evidence proves deteriorating relational communication is linked to excessive internet & smartphone use.
- 1 IN 8 DIVORCES CONTAIN THE WORD CELL PHONE AS PART OF IT'S COMPLAINT IN THE DIVORCE PAPERS
- 1 IN 5 DIVORCES IS THE DIRECT RESULT OF SOICAL NETWORKING
- EXCESSIVE SMARTPHONE USE IN STUDENTS CAUSES LOWER GPA, HIGHER ANXIETY AND LOWER SATISFACTION WITH LIFE
- STUDIES ARE LINKING TECHNOLOGY TO ADHD AND OTHER CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT ATTENTION AND BEHAVIORAL ISSUES
- 41% OF GAMERS ADMIT THEY PLAY TO ESCAPE THEIR DAILY LIVES
- 7 OUT OF 10 PEOPLE REPORT SOME LEVEL OF ANXIETY WHEN DISCONNECTED FROM THEIR DEVICES
- MANY 13 YEAR OLDS CHECK THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS 100 TIMES A DAY DUE TO THESE PRESSURES...
- 61% said they wanted to see if their online posts are getting likes and comments.
- 36% said they wanted to see if their friends are doing things without them.
- 21% said they wanted to make sure no one was saying mean things about them.